Friday, June 21, 2013


"Anyone Can Be A "Runner"

Conquering my first 21 k is such a great accomplishment, I am flat footed, not an athlete by birth and my family called me "a weakling. And yet I have endured the longest journey of my life.

"Anyone can be a runner if you just try to pursue it. It is not how fast you are or how far you can go that makes you a runner but it is all about the journey".(Jessica Rubin Cohen).
Running promotes the ideals of hard work and dedication. What you put into it is what you'll get out of it, and it can change your life forever!" - Lynda Lurei of Hit the Road Jane

This is extra special for me too because I was running with my husband. I am proud that we did not give up and we both crossed the finish line.  I am glad that we are committed to doing this together. He did not stop believing in me and He did not even scare me to enlist to a relay team in Tabuelan 111 eventhough my training did not suffice.

This new endeavor in my life is such a fulfillment because I have proven to myself that everything is possible because God is our strength. Never a day I have not asked God to help me in this race. And He did not fail me and my husband. All I asked from God is just a safe run, I can cross the finish line and I can go home to my little boys in good shape. I am happy because He gave me more than what I expected.

I am grateful for people who are generous to share this kind of fun. Ryan Tumbagahan and Patricia Ann Puentevella, they are truly triathletes because they selflessly share what they know about this race. For my family and bestfriends who prayed for me and encouraged me a lot. Thank you so much!

To God be the glory for another answered prayer. It is His strength that carried me through the finish line.







No comments:

Post a Comment