Friday, April 5, 2013

How to plan a kid's party...

Last month my eldest son has just celebrated his 5th birthday and the theme was Jake and the never land pirates. 
As I recall at the age of 2 my son started to appreciate birthday parties. He himself chose the theme for his 2nd Hi-5 Birthday Party and since then, he always looks forward on birthday celebrations.
I love throwing a uniquely-themed birthday parties for my kiddos. I would call it a hobby because I love surprising them with their favorite themes. My parties are not extravagant. I am happy celebrating it with family and closed friends. It is the details that I love doing like the invites, decors, games, giveaways, prizes and table and buffet settings.
What really matters is how you make their day extra special. I love collecting photos to keep fond memories of their childhood birthday celebrations.

How to plan a kid's party...

Ten weeks in advance start brainstorming with your child the theme, venue and no of guest lists to invite.
On the third week finalize the prospective attendees. Include RSVP date and cellphone where u can be reached. It is rewarding if you know the correct number of kids and adults who are attending. Kids are important. So it would be good if all kids are present. 
Deliver invites 2 weeks before the party.  Send a text message 2 days before the party for reminder.

Keep the party short
Fun Games ( set aside extra prizes for babies and toddlers who are not joining)
Choose prizes and giveaways that are safe for children ( arts and craft materials)
Plan simple meals
Keep the kids constantly occupied
Safe proof the venue 
First aid kit - bumps and bruises . Keep it handy along with an ice pack

Here are some photos of my son's pirate party.





















No comments:

Post a Comment